You're invited to share your sessional story
The Sessional Advocacy Committee (SAC) works to represent sessionals across Campion College, First Nations University of Canada, Luther College and the University of Regina. We are working on preparing a newsletter that pertains to sessional issues and interests, and we invite submissions of material from sessionals. We want to hear your story!Here are some suggested themes:
- Any research-based article on sessional issues: for example, a brief look at national statistics, or sessional life in other universities
- What it’s like working as a sessional during the pandemic: either one person’s story or a collection of people’s comments
- How sessional work has affected your mental health or the health of others
- Sessional stories – your experiences as a sessional; for example, describe what it’s like to struggle for job security or financial stability as a sessional
- Describe sessional life at the faculty/college level; describe what role sessionals play at your particular faculty or college
- Indigenous issues, anti-racism, social justice, health: especially as these issues relate to the sessional experience
- Talk about your field of study; an article featuring a sessional’s research or art
- Sessional achievements in general; for example, publications, projects, community involvement
- Jokes, cartoons, and other fun stuff
Would you like to share your story in the SAC newsletter?
Send your story to the SAC chair for consideration.