Work With Us
Thank you for your interest in working with URFA. At this time there are no open positions.
Job Posting: Administrative Assistant II (Part-Time Term to June 30, 2023)
Summary of position
Working under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the Administrative Assistant II provides administrative support to the URFA office. Responsibilities include data entry; processing and verification of union dues; maintaining URFA files; updating appointment and committee databases; providing support to the Executive Committee, Council of Representatives, member meetings, and URFA committees; oversee elections and calls for volunteers; draft correspondence; conference and committee coordination.
- A certificate in office administration or a relevant field, with minimum 4 years of relevant experience;
- Advanced ability to work with Microsoft including Access databases required;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet critical and ongoing deadlines;
- Ability to manage a varied and complex workload, with attention to detail in an office environment where disruptions are common;
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to work independently and in team environments;
- Experience with communications, websites, and survey management an asset;
- Experience working in a faculty association, union office or campus setting an asset.
This position is 15 hours per week (0.4 FTE). Terms and conditions of employment are governed by the collective agreement between URFA and COPE 397. The full-time salary scale for this position is $59,933.71 – $71,171.47 (pro-rated for this part-time position).
The URFA office is located in Regina, SK. The URFA office staff are currently working remotely (subject to change).
Our commitment to employment equity
URFA is committed to a workplace that supports the principles and practices of employment equity and that reflects the richness of the membership we serve. We recognize how oppressive structures may cause systemic barriers for people when gaining employment. We encourage applications from members of equity-deserving groups including women, Indigenous people, people of colour, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
How to apply
Deadline for submission of applications: 12:00 noon, Friday, December 30, 2022
Start date: February 1, 2023
End date: June 30, 2023
Please apply with a cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Heather Ritenburg, Executive Director
The University of Regina Faculty Association (URFA) is a union representing seven bargaining units consisting of more than 1,500 academic, administrative, professional, and technical members. URFA represents full-time, part-time, term, and sessional members working for Campion College, First Nations University of Canada, Luther College, and the University of Regina located at workplaces throughout Saskatchewan. Our office is situated on Treaty 4 territory, the traditional lands of the Nêhiyawak, Anihšināpēk, Dakota, Lakota, and Nakota, and the homeland of the Métis/Michif Nation.