Labour Fair 2023 — URSU
Labour Fair 2023 provides opportunities for students and faculty members to engage with various unions and labour organizations, and also gives students a chance to connect with unions and workplace issues in the field they plan to enter. This year’s fair will take place from March 20 – 24 and the theme is: Worker-Student Solidarity.
The goals of this Labour Fair are to:
- Bridge the gap between unions and students
- Create space for unions to connect with students at large and specifically in their field of study
- Provide educational opportunities for students to learn about the role of unions in the working world, and labour as a growing social movement
- To foster greater social and labour activism at our university
- Celebrate students as workers — and workers as students!
The Labour Fair emphasizes the added rights and benefits that a union brings into the workplace, how unions help narrow the gap between rich and poor in our society, and the importance of unions’ work in defending our social safety net, equity and democracy. The Labour Fair will also highlight struggles against classism, racism, sexism, colonialism, homophobia, heterosexism, discrimination against people with disabilities and other forms of economic and social injustice.
URSU’s inaugural Labour Fair is being organized in partnership with the University of Regina Faculty Association (URFA) and other Saskatchewan unions.